Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Install Issue - Can't Find File---- problem solved  (Read 4808 times)
mntechnogeek

« on: March 24, 2010, 07:56:43 AM »

Hi!  

I'm a fairly new DF:X player, so please excuse me if this is a stupid question.

I have installed my copy of Delta Force: Xtreme on a 3GHz box running Windows XP.  I've previously installed the SO mod as well.

I've downloaded a couple copies of the SG Mod, and it seem that both installs fail during the install of "Three Files" in a command window.  It seems to want a file called "SGMOD.BFF."

After attempting to install that file three times, the installer quits but says that the install was "successful."

If I try to run the SG Mod, it refuses to load, saying it can't find "EARLYERR.TXT."  I tried using a copy of the file from both the original install and the SO Mod...no joy.

Any ideas on how to get the SG Mod running?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 12:07:10 AM by SGM Luke Nadewalker » Logged
Luke Nadewalker
Site Admins
Sergeant Major

Original Creator

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 01:09:45 PM »

is yours a download version of dfx?HuhHuh
mntechnogeek

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 02:13:00 PM »

No, I installed from a CD copy of the game.  Didn't know there *was* download version of Delta Force: Xtreme...
Luke Nadewalker
Site Admins
Sergeant Major

Original Creator

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 02:45:38 PM »

ok in that case:
i think you simply havnt installed it to the correct place or there is something wrong with your dfx installation
first go find where you installed it last time(do a search for a folder called "dfx-sgmod") and deleternate it.
second, grab your dfx disk, install DFX again, update DFX using the updater.run the updater twice to be sure (its not gonna hurt anything)

download the installers (MAIN AND BUGFIX make sure theyre the dfx version)
save them to your desktop.
run the main installer first (right click and run as administrator)
MAKE SURE IT POINTS TO YOUR STANDARD NO MOD DFX FOLDER : if in doubt browse to it (theres a lil button by the path with three dots)

once installed correctly, install the bugfix patch in the same way, to the same place

I hope this helps
mntechnogeek

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 11:19:50 AM »

Well, I followed your suggestions.  I uninstalled all of my DF:X games, files and mods.  I reinstalled, updated and patched a fresh copy from CD.  Then I ran your SG Mod installer and the patch for that.

No joy. Still doesn't work. Same "SGMOD.BFF" error during install and "EARLYERR.TXT" error upon launching the game.

Any other thoughts? Anyone?
Luke Nadewalker
Site Admins
Sergeant Major

Original Creator

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 12:49:06 PM »

can you get on teamspeak some time
mntechnogeek

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 03:26:11 PM »

Sure...

Installed TeamSpeak 3.  Used settings I found in this site's sidebar.  It wouldn't let me in, but I'll wait a bit and see if it's just an issue with a new registration...
OldMan
Sergeant

NO....i'm not the one who made N.L.H.

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 03:34:50 PM »

We use TeamSpeak 2. haven't switched to TS 3 yet.

mntechnogeek

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 06:28:31 AM »

Been off for a while, but not without trying some other remedies.

First, i noticed that the machine I was trying to install the SG Mod on wasn't NTFS.  As luck would have it, I ended up resolving that issue when a friend's machine died and he needed a PC *stat*.

So went to my laptop, which *is* NTFS.  Installed & updated the game. Ran the DFX-SG Mod installer.  Same issues: installer fails because it can't find a file, and throws a complaint about "EARLYERR.TXT" 

On a lark, I downloaded the SG Mod for Joint Ops.  Amazingly, it installed fine, and was able to launch right up until it couldn't find a base copy of Joint Ops.  But that's farther than the correct version got.

So that's where I am now.

Will download TeamSpeak 2 and check in soon to see if anyone has any ideas.

Best...
mntechnogeek

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 09:55:07 PM »

Can't find a version of TeamSpeak 2 that will install.  The installer claims that it can't find some hvxx.dll. 

How does the saying go? If it weren't for bad luck...
mntechnogeek

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 07:53:27 PM »

First, many thanks to SGM OldMan for his assistance in solving my issue.  And that's exactly what it was: my issue, not the mods.

So...the lesson to be learned here is to select the Delta Force: Xtreme folder itself, not the Novalogic folder containing the Delta Force: Xtreme folder. Unlike other DFX mods (<cough> Special Operations <cough>), this mod goes INTO the Delta Force Xtreme folder.  And for the record, modding Joint Ops has the same requirement.

With that silly little hurdle crossed, everything installed just fine.  And yes...when it says it will take a while, they mean it.  Patience is virtue.

Oh, and Teamspeak 2 is getting hard to find.  What you want to search for is "ts_client_rc2_2032"

Thanks again, OldMan!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: