Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Enumerating Session connecting to Server  (Read 3876 times)
Sapphire

« on: July 08, 2010, 12:22:59 AM »

Hey all... Sapphire-SAPP- here...

We've just fired up your mod.. put it on a server, and opened up lots of ports and other goodies... and about 20 of us SAPP's can connect to the server just fine..

But we have a couple, that keep getting Enumerating Session...

I understand how that works when the ports aren't setup right, or forwarded or pointed to the right IP on the network..

But when 10 or 15 of us connect just fine, and only a couple don't... any idea what settings we need to have them do on their computers? to help them get in?

Thanks for any info u got..

-sapp out
Luke Nadewalker
Site Admins
Sergeant Major

Original Creator

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 09:38:51 AM »

have them shut off ALL firewall programs and that should solve the problem. its an easier option to debug this, altho easier said then done in some cases.

because its a different exe (well its the same but in a different place) their firewall will also detect it as different.
Dmolish

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 02:14:21 AM »

im one of em!!
every firewall is turned off.. the router's and computers.. we've tried switching up the modem settings... re installing.. its driving me nuts!
weird thing is i cannot join SAPP's server, but i can join someone else's SG-MOD server in dfx2!
Luke Nadewalker
Site Admins
Sergeant Major

Original Creator

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 04:57:03 AM »

ah well.... thats a different ball game

if you are able to join another server and yet not join your squads server: i have a idea where the problem is.

the problem is in the network hosting the server that you cannot join, most likely a router option or security setting.
I have had this very same problem in the past when i was hosting for my squad. most could join, but some could not.
The solution in this case was to get a new router that supported a static DHCP list. any D-link or netgear would do.

heres something else to try: get the person hosting it to host a standard dfx2 server on the same machine as the sg-dfx2 (doesnt have to be at the same time) and see if u can join that, im betting you cant. if this is the case then the problem is deffinately their end.

changing the port range in the game.cfg could potentially help too (server side) {especially if more then one game server being run from the same network}
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: